The treatment options for Basal Cell Carcinomas will depend upon the age of the individual and the size, location and extent of the lesion.
Individuals should talk to their doctor about the different treatment options and which might be best for them.
Click on the links below to see details of the various treatments available.
- Electrodessication and Curettage
- Laser Vaporisation
- Micrographic (Moh’s) Surgery
- Oral Retinoids
- Photodynamic Therapy (PDT)
- Radiation Therapy
- Surgical Excision
- Topical 5 fluorouracil (5-FU)
- Hedgehog Pathway Inhibitors
Reviewed and verified by Medical Advisers in conjunction with the Gorlin Syndrome Group 02/04/2018. Next Review April 2019.